South Reddish Medical Centre
Reddish Road, Reddish, Stockport, SK5 7QU
Current time is 12:58 - We're open
Telephone: 0161 983 9191
Latest News (click title to open):
Shielding Patient letter April 2020 Advice and Actions 05 04 2020
Last week the NHS wrote to those people considered to be at highest clinical risk from coronavirus (COVID-19) to inform them that they should stay at home at all times and avoid all face-to-face contact for a period of at least 12 weeks. Letters are still being sent out.’
Patients who should be shielding:
- Solid organ transplant recipients
- People with specific cancers:
- people with cancer and are having chemotherapy
- people with lung cancer and are having radical radiotherapy
- people with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma who are at any stage of treatment
- people having immunotherapy or other continuing antibody treatments for cancer
- people having other targeted cancer treatments which can affect the immune system, such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors
- people who have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months, or who are still taking immunosuppression drugs
- People with severe respiratory conditions including all cystic fibrosis, severe asthma and severe COPD
- People with rare diseases and inborn errors of metabolism that significantly increase the risk of infections (such as SCID, homozygous sickle cell)
- People on immunosuppression therapies sufficient to significantly increase risk of infection
- Women who are pregnant with significant heart disease, congenital or acquired
All people who have received the letter should register with the Government’s website: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable.
This will help you to access support with 3 activities such as obtaining food packages or medications. Even if you do not need any support with daily tasks, please do register with this website to let the Government know.
People in this category are still being identified, if you have not received your letter by next week, please get in touch with us.
People who are considered in a wider vulnerable group (sometimes referred to as the ‘flu group’) but are not in the highest clinical risk registry should all be practicing strict social distancing The registry of clinically highest risk patients does not include all people eligible for the flu jab, only a very specific sub-set of people considered at highest risk of severe illness and hospitalization from COVID-19. It does not include people who may be vulnerable, at risk or needing support for other reasons.
In the meantime the Practice will also be identifying high risk patients, and will be sending shielding letters out to them on a similar basis as the patients that have already received a letter. People in this category are still being identified, if you have not received your letter by next week, please get in touch with us.
If you think you fall into one of the categories of extremely vulnerable people listed above and you have not received a letter or been contacted by your GPs, and feel you should be considered to be at highest clinical risk from coronavirus (COVID-19) and should be shielding, you can register yourself with the Government’s website: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable. to let them know.
For further information and advice please visit:
08:00 until 18:30
08:00 until 19:30
08:00 until 18:30
07:30 until 18:30
08:00 until 18:30